Cleanliness and Safety Promise for our 2020-2021 Season.
Dear Friends, At Fantástico Sur we’re preparing to receive visitors from all over the world again soon and offer them wonderful experiences in the incredible landscapes of Torres del Paine National Park.
Today, more than ever, the well-being and safety of our guests and staff are our top priorities. Since the outbreak of COVID-19 we have been working on aligning our services with the highest standards and protocols in the tourism industry.
Here, we would like to share with you our Cleanliness and Safety Promise.
Fantástico Sur – Cleanliness and Safety Promise
Our Safety Promise reflects our commitment to cleanliness and the well-being of our guests and visitors, so they may enjoy their stay in a destination that is well prepared and equipped. Fantástico Sur promises to implement additional standards and protocols related to special cleaning, hygiene and sanitation measures for the prevention and management of COVID-19, to protect the well-being of all those who visit and work at our Reserve. The high standards of our Cleanliness and Safety Promise are aligned with the protocols of leading world authorities (World Health Organization, U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Chilean Undersecretary of Public Health, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
At Fantastico Sur, we have a multi-disciplinary team of professionals with years of experience in the adventure and hospitality industries. They will be specifically trained to carry out our Cleanliness and Safety Promise and will be accompanied by other specialist professionals who will offer specific advice related to health, safety and well-being. Our entire team is committed to the correct implementation of all our protocols and instructions. They will use personal protective equipment and apply other measures that regulate and help prevent the spread of COVID-19.NEW TECHNOLOGY
Electrostatic Sprayers We will use Victory Innovations Cordless Electrostatic Sprayers from the United States. Victory Innovations are specialists in disinfection and sanitization equipment for use in hospitals. These sprayers will apply a disinfectant against SARS-CoV-2 that has been approved by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s List N.
What is Electrostatic Spraying? It is the process by which an electrical charge is added to liquid droplets upon being sprayed. This makes the drop electrically stronger than the surface or the item it is treating, working like a magnet. Through electrostatic technology, the disinfectants are electrically connected to the surfaces, forming an enveloping film. 100% of the product is used and treatments are 100% effective, efficient and fast.
EHS software for safety, occupational health and environmental management In order to go above and beyond standard regulatory compliance, we have implemented a software from Zyght, a company associated with Microsoft, that systematically reduces risks and improves our operations and services in terms of safety, occupational health and environment concerns. This system allows our Health and Safety Committee to monitor compliance with the recommended measures to prevent the contagion and spread of Coronavirus and manage internal safeguards for all our guests, staff and visitors.
Totem with Hand Sanitizer Dispenser We will install these totems in the main entrances to our Reserve facilities and in all our offices. They have infrared sensors and hand sanitizer dispensers.
QR Codes We will implement the use of digital QR codes, to communicate our hygiene and safety standards, and information regarding procedures, restaurant and bar menus, excursion details, Wellness Center & Spa, among other topics of interest, thus avoiding the use of printed material that would need to be touched.
Ozone – Hygiene Steam – Air Wash Treatments In addition to the disinfection and deodorization of laundry, it will be treated with Ozone-Hygiene Steam- Air Wash technology, which will also result in reducing the use of detergent and fabric softener (by approx. 70%) to protect the environment.
Fantástico Sur Experience – Cleanliness and Safety Promise
EARLY CHECK-IN / BRIEFING
To expedite the Hostel or Camping check-in process, our team will request that guests digitally send the following scanned documents: passport or ID card and PDI (Chilean Investigations Police) migration card (received on entry to Chile). With these documents the Hostel or Camping reception can begin the early check-in process. Guests will have digital access to all the information at the Hostel or Camping and we will also notify them of Fantástico Sur ́s security and hygiene procedures prior to their arrival. The briefing of the programs will be presented via video, prior to arrival.
The sanitization of our vehicles is essential to the safety of our guests, visitors and staff. This is why Fantástico Sur has acquired high-quality electrostatic sprayers to ensure the effective disinfection of seats, handles, doors, floors and windows before and after transporting each group of passengers.
Measures for entering the vehicle:
- All vehicles will have footbaths to disinfect the soles of guests’ shoes before entering.
Measures once inside the vehicle:
- All passengers and drivers will be required to use face protectors for every trip.
- Protective screens will be installed, separating the driver’s area from that of our guests/passengers.
- Each guest will be assigned to a specific seat, leaving a free seat between individual passengers (does not apply to guests belonging to the same group).
- To safeguard the hygiene of each vehicle, hand sanitizer dispensers, masks, tissues, disinfectant spray, as well as individual garbage bags will be made available for each guest.
The main entrance to the Hostels will have sanitizing footbaths to disinfect the soles of shoes before guests enter. In addition, the application of hand sanitizer, facial protectors and temperature checks will be required and luggage will be disinfected using advanced electrostatic spraying equipment.
- The check-in process should be quick, specially when the digital check-in is completed prior to arrival.
- In the case of guests that arrive in groups, the procedure will be carried out on a one by one basis, maintaining
a safe distance between individuals within the sanitization area.
- If guests and clients with a temperature higher than 37.8°C are identified, the protocols for suspected or at- risk COVID-19 cases will be activated.
- The reception area will be prepared for physical distancing, and a protective acrylic screen has been installed to offer our guests safe attention.
- In the case that the registration of physical documents such as a passport, identity card and PDI document is necessary, this will be done using a portable scanner to avoid the exchange of objects between staffand guests as much as possible.
- Disinfectant will be used when handling credit cards.
- Tissues and hand sanitizer will always be available at the reception desk.
HOSTEL ROOMS, CABINS & TENTS
- Information on the hygiene protocol will be available in each area and also in digital format via QR codes.
- Electrostatic spraying will be used to clean all hostel rooms, cabins and tents: including all exposed surfaces, bedding and sleeping bags.
- Hostel rooms, cabins and tents will be correctly ventilated upon Check-out.
RESTAURANT, BAR & EXTRAS
- For the safety of our guests and staff, it will be mandatory to use a face protector and maintain a minimum social distance of 1 meter while in our Restaurants or Bars.
- As a preventative measure, greetings that involve physical contact between guests and staff will not be allowed.
- Before entering our restaurant or bar, guests and clients are required to wash their hands with soap and water and/or apply the hand sanitizer that will be made available.
- Restaurant and Bar menus will be presented digitally, using QR codes.
- A distance of 1 meter will be applied between seats in the bar, restaurant and lounge areas (this does not apply to guests in the same group).
- There will be no plates, napkins, cutlery or condiments on the tables prior to guest seating. All these items will be brought directly to the table, to ensure minimum physical contact.
- There will be a new “take away” food service, where sandwiches and pizzas etc. will be served in protective packaging.
Breakfast Service We will offer each guest breakfast with an à la carte service, which will include a selection of savoury and sweet options, juices, pastries, cheese and a variety of egg dishes.
- All breakfast products will come directly from the kitchen and will be brought by the waiter to each guest on individual plates or trays.
- Waiters will serve hot drinks directly, avoiding guest handling. Cold drinks will be prepared in the kitchen and brought to the table in covered bottles.
- Lunch service will be replaced by a packaged box lunch, to avoid groups in the dining area.
Dinner, Drinks and Snacks Service
- Guests will be able to pre-order meals from a menu.
- A waiter, wearing a mask, will take the meals directly from the kitchen to the diner on a tray.
- The waiter will bring the drinks from the kitchen to the table and serve them directly into the cup or glass.
- We will recommend minimizing verbal communication between guests and our service staff as much as possible. All our staff are trained in health and safety protocols and food service norms.
- Highly transited common areas such as entrances, reception areas, lounges, WC services and shower rooms, will undergo constant disinfection using electrostatic spraying. Thorough cleaning will be applied to surfaces that are exposed to contact, such as light switches, draw and door handles, furniture etc.
- Express check-out: check out time will be coordinated the day prior to the guest’s departure and all details will be notified beforehand to ensure a more expedited check-out process and reduce the time the guests need to be in the reception area.
- Charges will be made using credit or debit cards used as an initial guarantee at check-in. Bills will be sent via email to minimize physical contact.
- For the cabins in the Cuernos sector, a special container will be made available for guests to leave their keys when checking out. Our staff will then sanitize the container, together with the keys.
STAFF AND OPERATIONS
- We will implement new operating procedures to avoid contact between staff
from different areas.
- All staffand visitors will be asked to use footbaths to disinfect the soles of shoes. before entering the hostels, cabins and other service areas, such as warehouses and canteens.
- Temperature checks will be mandatory for all personnel and suppliers entering the hostels. If a person presents a temperature of 37.8°C or higher, they will not be allowed to enter our facilities and relevant protocols will be activated.
- The correct use of face protectors is mandatory during the entire work shift, as well as the use of
gloves, sealed eyewear and liquid-resistant gowns, depending on the service area involved.
- In order to avoid the grouping of personnel, lunch and coffee breaks will be organized in shifts.
- Disinfectant sprayers will be located in staff areas, such as the canteen, rest areas and offices, to
regularly disinfect surfaces and equipment.
- In all transited areas there will be instructions to practice hand hygiene and physical social
- Our hygiene procedures, product quality, and machinery and kitchen equipment conditions will be verified and certified by external specialist authorities. These will be complemented with inspections by our Unit Leaders, Chefs and/or Food Nutritionists.
- Maintenance personnel that access hostel rooms, cabins and bathrooms that need repairs will wear the corresponding personal protection equipment, which will be disposed of immediately upon work completion.
- Maintenance and/or housekeeping personnel entering hostel rooms or cabins must be wearing
face protectors and will ensure that guests are we too, in order to access the area.
- In case a guest needs to be isolated because they present symptoms, a special vehicle will be available to transport him/her. The driver will have a special cleaning kit that includes a KN95 mask, disposable personal protective suit, sealed eyewear, gloves, disinfecting wipes, and hand sanitizer. The vehicle will be disinfected after each trip using electrostatic spraying.
CLEANING & SAFETY REGULATIONS
- The COVID-19 Health and Safety regulations at Fantástico Sur will be reviewed and updated according to instructions issued by the Chilean Health Authority.
- Fantástico Sur complies with the requirements and high standards indicated in protocols from the World Health Organization, U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Chilean Undersecretary of Public Health, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
PROTOCOL FOR THE DETECTION & ISOLATION OF COVID-19 CASES
If a person is diagnosed with COVID-19 in Fantástico Sur, preventive protocols and measures established by the health authorities will be applied.
- The company will designate isolation areas for each of the guests with suspected cases of COVID-19 and also for the staff who will attend them. An emergency kit, hand sanitizer, mask, disposable personal protective suit, and sealed eyewear will be provided for the guest with symptoms and those who were in close contact with the guest.
- When a guest is detected with COVID-19 symptoms they should stop their activities and go immediately to the Cerro Paine Reserve isolation site destined for individuals with a suspected case. Administrators or guides will then notify the Occupational Health and Safety Leader, who will manage the situation on site, while reporting to the Cerro Paine Reserve Crisis Committee. These personnel will be helped on site by a support team trained in both “Approaching and dealing with individuals with a suspected case of COVID-19 in non-clinical environments” and “Wilderness First Responder” courses. A telephone service has been created by the Ministry of Health to provide information on Health and Safety in Chile, “Salud Responde” (Health Response) 600 360 7777.
- The administrator or person in charge will ask to sanitize the entire area where that guest had been, following the procedures indicated by the Health Authority – Cleaning and Disinfection of Environmental Surfaces Protocol.
- The administrator or person in charge will activate the Tracking Protocol, to identify and isolate people who had close contact with the person suspected with COVID-19 and lead them immediately to the designated isolation area, where they should contact the OHS Department to coordinate a rapid test for COVID-19.
- People that are isolated due to presenting symptoms of COVID-19, should follow the consequent instructions to visit a local health center or initiate quarantine.
- A specific procedure will be implemented for cleaning and disinfecting rooms where a person with a suspected case of COVID-19 has stayed or is currently staying.
- The transportation of the person who presents a suspected case of COVID-19, and/or those who have been in close contact with this person, will be carried out by trained personnel supported by land (UTV, van, horses) and water vehicles (boats) properly equipped for prompt and safe transportation.
- We will remain attentive to all new or additional measures established by the Chilean Ministry of Health and regional authorities.
In Fantástico Sur, we have solid operational experience, high international industry standards and have incorporated reforced health and safety practices to protect the well-being of our guests, visitors and staff, which continues to be our top priority.
We invite you to your next adventure, to explore the natural wonders of Torres del Paine. We have added some new and exciting programs for those looking for something unique.
We are already receiving and confirming reservations for our next season, which starts 1st October 2020 until 30th April 2021. We invite you to contact our sales executives, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have and provide you with information:
Fantástico Sur: Tel/WhatsApp +56 9 6121 5021 email@example.com www.fantasticosur.com
Greetings from Patagonia. We’ll be waiting for you! Fantástico Sur Team