Opening and closing dates of Refugios Fantástico Sur 2018 – 2019
Opening and closing dates for 2018-2019 season
|Opening Date||Closing Date|
|Refuge Torre Central & Camping Central:||01 September, 2018||30 April, 2019|
|Refuge, Huts & Camping Cuernos:||01 September, 2018||30 April, 2019|
|Domes Francés & Camping Francés:||01 October, 2018||30 April, 2019|
|Refuge & Camping Chileno:||01 October, 2018||30 April, 2019|
|Refuge Torre Norte:||01 October, 2018||30 April, 2019|
|Camping Serón:||01 November, 2018||31 March, 2019|
* The opening date of the Serón campsite depends on when CONAF enables the Paine Circuit, which usually occurs in November.
** The dates indicated are referential and may be modified due to external factors.
Information will be updated to indicate any change. Thank you for your understanding.
Winter Season 2018
From May 1st to August 31st, only the bathrooms of the Central campsite and the Cuernos campsite are enabled. In the latter there is also an area for cooking. All the other services are closed.
- The company of a certified guide is mandatory during low season.
- It is mandatory to book in advance to lodge in authorized sites.
- Compared to summer (or high season), there are only a few people in the park during winter, which is why help could take some time to arrive in the event assistance is required. In addition, there is no park ranger from the Chilean forestry authority (CONAF) monitoring the trails.
- The days are shorter, which is why hikes must be planned well in order to take advantage of the sunlight.
- Temperatures are very low and it typically rains a lot, so appropriate clothes and shoes are required.
- Some sections become slippery, which is why using sticks and walking slowly is recommended.
- It is advisable to take a satellite phone.
Get more information for W Circuit Winter programs at firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: (56- 61) 2 614 184