Trekking in Torres del Paine
Trekking is without any doubt the best option to get to know Torres del Paine National Park. Read the following recommendations we have prepared for you..
It can be practiced the whole year in Torres del Paine; you will find information about routes and maps in our Refugios. Remember to check the opening and closing dates of them.
Recommendation before and during the trek!
- Remember to estimate time and distance before starting the trek.
- Start to walk early in the morning, before 9.00 AM, so you will arrive early to the Refugio with enough time to rest and enjoy the landscape.
- Check with a Map the next Refugio you will arrive to.
- Use a map to check routes and always respect the trails and signals of the Park.
- Bring enough food and water for the excursion, the water in the park is safe and there are a lot of streams in the trails, where you can fill your bottle. Fantástico Sur offers fresh mineral water in every Refugio.
- Keep a balanced rhythm of walk during the excursion, according with your physical capacities and rest and drink water at least 5 minutes per each hour of walk.
- Be aware of the weather conditions.
- Bring the adequate clothes and equipment for the trek and Patagonia!