Winter considerations FS
Information for Fantstico Sur’s guests regarding the "W" and "Las Torres Base Lookout Point" circuits:
Before doing these hikes during winter, it should be kept in mind that:
- Most of Fantástico Sur’s services inside Torres del Paine National Park do not operate during winter (see fact sheet).
- The company of a certified guide is mandatory during low season.
- It is mandatory to book in advance to lodge in authorized sites.
- Compared to summer (or high season), there are only a few people in the park during winter, which is why help could take some time to arrive in the event assistance is required. In addition, there is no park ranger from the Chilean forestry authority (CONAF) monitoring the trails.
- The days are shorter, which is why hikes must be planned well in order to take advantage of the sunlight.
- Temperatures are very low and it typically rains a lot, so appropriate clothes and shoes are required.
- Some sections become slippery, which is why using sticks and walking slowly is recommended.
- It is advisable to take a satellite phone.
- Building campfires is strictly forbidden inside the park.
Fantástico Sur’s facilities
Campsite with bathroom (no showers)*
* Due to the low temperatures and the freezing of the pipes, the bathrooms may be out of service. If that is the case, we would appreciate your understanding and following the “Leave no trace” principles.
** The tarp tent that serves as a cooking area is exclusively for Fantástico Sur’s guests. It is not open for those who travel with other tour operators or by themselves.
Campsite on platforms, with bathroom (no showers).*
KEEP IN MIND
According to CONAF’s regulations, the W Winter Circuit can only be done with the company of an authorized guide and by booking Cerro Paine Reserve’s campsites in advance (Cuernos and Central). Please contact Fantástico Sur’s agents by telephone +56 61 2614184 or e-mail at email@example.com