OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION CERRO PAINE –FANTÁSTICO SUR EARLY CLOSING OF THE SEASON –CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
23th March, 2020
In compliance with the Chilean Government and National Forestry Corporation’s decision to close Torres del Paine National Park and stop the entry of new national and foreign visitors to all parks and national reserves, Cerro Paine Reserve has been forced to close its centers located in Torres del Paine National Park (Hotel Las Torres, Camping and Refugios Fantástico Sur), and as a consequence it is totally impossible to continue providing our services.
The Chilean Government’s decision has been adopted in accordance with the World Health Organization guidelines created in response to the rapidly growing development of the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to the fact that the well-being and health of our guests, visitors and staff is our first priority, the closure of Fantástico Sur will extend for the rest of the season.
To all our clients who have contracted travel insurance associated with their reservations in our centers, our customer service team will send all the documentation required to make an insurance claim on the policy.
Our main concern is to attend the needs of our clients. We regret the inconvenience that the adoption of this measure by the Chilean authority may cause our visitors. It is for this reason that, despite the fact that the company liability policy states that when the park is closed due to events beyond the control of Fantástico Sur, no refund will be made for the client, we have decided, exceptionally, to offer our clients the possibility to reprogramme their trips with us and accredit the value of their current reservation as indicated below:
- If the reservation has been canceled or a client was unable to arrive within the period in which the park was closed as a consequence of the contingency plan COVID-19, we offer to reschedule the trip for the next season, respecting the value of the fee paid, with no additional charges(subject to availability).
- Depending on the services contracted in the reservation, we have arranged the following additional options:
- If the reservation is a Fantástico Sur guided program, we will include a one night stay in a private room in Puerto Natales at Hostal Singing Lamb or Casa Patagonia, the night before the program begins(subject to availability).
- If the reservation is a self-guided program from Fantástico Sur, we will include a one night stay in Puerto Natales in a shared room at Hostal The Singing Lamb, the night before the program begins(subject to availability).
- If the reservation is for our mountain cabins or shared rooms in the mountain hostels, in addition to maintaining this seasons rate, we will include the Shuttle IN service, from Laguna Amarga to the Cerro Paine Reserve Welcome Center. The new date will have to be reserved within the same season as the original reservation(high or low)and subject to reservation availability.
All reprogramming requests must be made before 30th June 2020.
If you made your reservation through a travel agency or other third party, please contact them directly.
Due to the large number of emails and requests that we are receiving due to the current situation, it may take up to 5 business days to respond to your requests.
We offer our commitment to continue monitoring the situation and complying with all measures applied by the authorities, in order to guarantee the public well-being during this difficult period.
Thank you for your understanding.
FANTÁSTICO SUR TEAM