“2 Valleys” Circuit, from US $ 410 pp
Valid from the 1st of October 2014 until the 30th of April 2015
During October and April the program starts at 7.30 AM
Highlights: Trekking Base Torres, Trekking French Valley.
The Short Version program goes through 2 different valleys at the W Circuit: Ascencio Valley which ascent goes to the BASE of the Towers and the French Valley. The return is through Pehoé sector by the catamaran that crosses Pehoé Lake and connects with the regular bus to Puerto Natales
ITINERARY 5 days, 4 nights
Day 1: Transport to Torres del Paine National Park (Regular Bus).
Transportation from Puerto Natales to Torres del Paine National Park (Laguna Amarga Main Entrance), with a short stop at Cerro Castillo Village, located 54 Km north of Puerto Natales.
- Presentation time at the Bus Station: 14.15 PM
- Departure: 14:30 PM / Arrival to Laguna Amarga: 16:30 PM
At the moment you arrive to Laguna Amarga entrance you will have to acquire your entrance ticket http://www.fantasticosur.com/torres-del-paine/torres-del-paine-rates/ and take the shuttles that will be waiting for you to take you to Las Torres sector where our Refugio is located.
Accommodation: Refugio Torre Central.
Day 2: Trekking to “BASE TORRES” (7 – 8 hours, 13 Km).
Recommended hour to start: 9.00 AM. The first hour and a half walking is steep with fantastic views of Lake Nordenskjöld and Almirante Nieto Mn (2.670 m.s.n.m), with it’s hanging glacier until you reach Refugio El Chileno to recover energies and leave your luggage. Then the trail continues through a millenary Lenga forest (1 hour) until the base of “the moraine” which challenging ascent (45 min), will take you to one of the most impressive places in the park: the lookout of the “Base of Torres del Paine” where you will enjoy the view of Torre Sur (2,850 m.s.n.m.), Torre Central (2.800 m.s.n.m), Torre Norte (2.600 m.s.n.m) and Cerro Nido de Cóndor.
Accommodation: Refugio El Chileno. ++ depending on availability it may be changed for Torre Central.
Difficulty Level: High.
Day 3: Trekking from El Chileno to Los Cuernos Refugio (4 – 5 hours, 11 Km).
Recommended hour to start: 9.00 AM. About 30 minutes after leaving Refugio El Chileno you will notice the sign to take the “shortcut” that leads to Refugio Los Cuernos. The trail goes through the Base of Almirante Nieto Mn. – part of the Paine Massif-, with great views to Nordenskjöld Lake; from December the flora presents different colours specially the “Ciruelillo” or “Fire Bush” which take its name from the red colour of its flowers. After about 4 – 5 hours you will get to the Base of Los Cuernos where our Refugio is located, considered by many, one of the most charming sites in the whole park, a perfect spot to rest and recover energies for the next day challenging trek: “The French Valley”.
Accommodation: Refugio Los Cuernos.
Difficulty Level: Medium.
Day 4: Trekking to French Valley (10 – 12 hours, 25.3 Km).
Recommended hour to start: 9.00 AM. The first 2 hours are with some ascents, descents and views to Nordenskjöld Lake, until “Campamento Italiano”. The ascent goes for about 1 hour and a half until French Glacier lookout, where you’ll be able to observe its hanging glacier and opportunities to observe small avalanches. After that the trail continues until “Campamento Británico” and after about 20 minutes you will reach the lookout point considered by many as one of the most overwhelming spots in the Circuit: “Mirador Británico”, where you will admire: “Paine Grande”, “Cerro Hoja”, “Cerro Máscara”, “Cerro Catedral”, “Cerro Aleta de Tiburón”, “Cuerno Norte”, etc.
The return is the same way back to el “Campamento Italiano”, and then to Los Cuernos sector.
Accommodation: Refugio Los Cuernos or Domes El Francés.
Difficulty Level: High.
Day 5: Trekking to Pehoe sector – Catamaran and Bus to Puerto Natales (4 – 5 hours, 13 Km).
The trek goes from Los Cuernos (or Francés) to Pehoé sector to take the catamaran that crosses Pehoe Lake in 30 minutes and connects with the regular bus that will take you back to Puerto Natales.* * During OCTOBER and APRIL the walk on Day 5, must start at 7:30 – 8:00 hrs because there is only one Catamarán frequency at 12:30 hrs.
For the rest of the months (Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar) you will have the option to cross the lake either on the 12:30 or 18:30 hrs Catamarán frequency.
If you choose the 12:30 hrs Catamarán, you will arrive to Puerto Natales at 16:30 hrs approx.
If you choose the 18:30 hrs Catamarán, you will arrive to Puerto Natales at 21:30 hrs approx.
|OPTION 1 Without Meals||OPTION 2 With Meals|
|Not Included||Not Included|
PRICES USD $ per person:
|“2 Valleys” – Circuit Without GUIDE|
|Option 1 without meals||US $ 410|
|Option 2 FULL BOARD||US $ 698|
|“2 Valleys” – Circuit With GUIDE|
|Option 2 FULL BOARD||US $ 1.580||US $ 1.140||US $ 990||US $ 916|
|Up grade Cabins Los Cuernos||Double base|
US $ 60
US $ 190
|Extra Christmas and New Year´s eve||US $ 35|
- Prices per person.
- Prices in USD $ are exclusive for foreign guests, without residency in Chile and paying in American dollars.
- Full Board: Breakfast, lunch box, dinner –beverages not included.
- Programs Starting at 14.30 PM: guests must come to our Office in Puerto Natales, the day before or the same day (day 1) before 1 PM, where you will receive vouchers, tickets and briefing.
- Programs Starting at 7:30 AM: guests must come the day before you leave to the park, if you arrive on Sunday, please indicate accommodation place to send vouchers and documents.
- Opening hours Puerto Natales sales office: Monday to Friday: 9.00 – 13.00 / 15.00 – 19.00; Saturday: 9.00 – 19.00; Sundays & holidays: Closed.
- In Chile we have a Foreign franchise (Chilean Law) to improve tourism, where tourists are exempted of paying the tax of 19% at the check in, for this purpose please do not forget to bring:
- Tourist card (given at the border when entering to Chile).
If you do not carry and present these documents you will have to pay the tax in Chilean pesos at the check in.
- Regular Buses from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales www.busesfernadez.com, www.busespacheco.com If you need this service please ask your sales executive.
WHAT TO BRING
One 40 litres Backpack
One 20 – 25 litres Backpack por day hikes
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (GORE TEX).
- Warm clothes (Polar Tec).
- Comfortable trousers for trekking.
- T – shirts.
- Long Sleeved Shirts.
- Trekking boots.
- Sandals (for showering, resting and crossing streams).
- Flash lamp
- Enough batteries supplies, as in FS we produce our own sustainable energy we do not have places to charge batteries.
- Gloves / Sunscreen.
- Camera / Binoculars.
- Bottle for water (Nalgene).
- Ziploc bags (for taking your trash back).
- Trekking Sticks.
- Swimsuit * Hot Tub – Los Cuernos Cabins.
- Warm Hat.
- Hat for sun protection.