Trekking in Torres del Paine
Trekking is without any doubt the best option to get to know Torres del Paine National Park. Read the following recommendations we have prepared for you..
It can be practiced the whole year in Torres del Paine; you will find information about routes and maps in our Refugios. Remember to check the opening and closing dates of them.
Recommendation before and during the trek!
- Remember to estimate time and distance before starting the trek.
- Start to walk early in the morning, before 9.00 AM, so you will arrive early to the Refugio with enough time to rest and enjoy the landscape.
- Check with a Map the next Refugio you will arrive to.
- Use a map to check routes and always respect the trails and signals of the Park.
- Bring enough food and water for the excursion, the water in the park is safe and there are a lot of streams in the trails, where you can fill your bottle. Fantástico Sur offers fresh mineral water in every Refugio.
- Keep a balanced rhythm of walk during the excursion, according with your physical capacities and rest and drink water at least 5 minutes per each hour of walk.
- Be aware of the weather conditions.
- Bring the adequate clothes and equipment for the trek and Patagonia!
Patagonia is famous for the changing weather conditions; sometimes you may enjoy the 4-year seasons in just one day! We suggest you to bring:
- Hat (sun & warm hat)
- Sun glasses, sun block and lip balm.
- Polar Tec jacket, wind & waterproof jacket (Gore TEX).
- Long sleeved t-shirts (capilene)
- T- Shirts / Shorts.
- Sandals for stream crossings rest and showers. In some of the Refugios is not possible to get inside with shoes.
- Gloves, trekking trousers and waterproof trousers.
- Water bottle (Nalgene)
- Trekking boots, and adequate socks.
Keep in mind the following:
- We recommend you not to bring your laptop, there’s no Internet signal inside the National Park.
- There are no ATM´s inside the park, please bring credit card or cash.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Refugios, as well as it is not recommended to do it in the trails because of the risk of fire.
- Electrical devices that require high-energy consumption are strictly forbidden.