Necessary equipment for Torres Del Paine Circuit
The W circuit is one of the main attractions in Torres del Paine National Park. This journey is made by thousands of tourists that each year visits the park witnessing the beauty of the Chilean Patagonia.
Composed by 62 kilometers of distance, the W circuit connects the base of the towers, the French valley and the grey glacier in a very interesting path that all together takes the shape of a W, giving birth to its name.
The ones that have had the chance to walk the whole circuit will agree that its one of the most charming and entertaining experiences due to the enriching nature Chilean Patagonia offers. Although, many will admit how hard and tough it may result if you dont count with the proper equipment.
That’s why we have prepared a list of the things that you will need to complete the trekking circuits inside the park with no setbacks. This is very convenient to check before you enter the adventure of trekking.
- Trekking shoes, waterproof and resistant.
- Lightweight shoes, for resting zones. (refugios, camping, common spaces).
- UV blocking sunglasses.
- Waterproof backpack.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Thick socks. Always convenient to bring at least 3 pairs.
- Short and long pants.
- Windbreak jacket.
- Thermal sweater, like polar or wool material.
- Thermal and waterproof gloves.
- Long and short sleeved T shirts.
- Scarf or synthetic fiber handkerchief.
- Woolen hat.
- Water bottle.
- Thermal canteen.
- Multipurpose Knife.
- Descriptive Map.
- Plastic bags to keep clothes dry and to keep the garbage.
- Medical Equipment
- First need drugs such as painkillers, antiseptics, anti-inflammatories, antispasmodic and bandages.
- Sunscreen (SPF > 50).
- Lip palm protector.
- Disposable patches.
- Personal hygienic articles.
- Waterproof Tent or dome.
- Cold temperature sleeping bag.
- Insulated mattresses.
- Camp stove with gas.
- Enough food for the days of the trekking (always consider bringing extra food for 2 extra nights in case anything happens.)
Groceries sold inside the park will be much more expensive, that’s why it’s always convenient to buy everything in the supermarket before you start your trip.
For the W circuit we recommend to bring dried fruit, cereals, cookies and high calorie snacks as snickers or chocolates.